Thursday, October 13, 2011

We are ready to rock the Google Doc...

Thanks for all your cooperation in helping me get the students access to Google Docs--it is truly appreciated.

As of now, most students have a gmail account. If your child was at school today and doesn't have one, please check your child's planner for a note, as I need to get permission before I can go ahead with that.

Tomorrow we will be working with Google Docs as a step toward publishing our first piece of writing--we're calling it October Writing. This is the piece of writing your child has selected to take and revise and eventually publish. I can't wait until we get the "books" all uploaded onto the student blogs.

Today the class decided to take on an exciting challenge. Tomorrow I will send home a letter asking for yet one more login at a website. This time we're creating a virtual classroom at http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/ and the students are attempting to write a novel in one month. I can either help them sign up for this, or you can work with your child to create a login. Please fill out the permission form tomorrow and return it to me as soon as you can.

Thanks for all you do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment