Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Happy September!


I’m very pleased to be joining the excellent staff at Alouette and teaming up with Mrs. Kollen this year.  I am coming to you from Yennadon, where I taught grade 6/7 last year.

I have taught in School District 42 for five years, first as a Teacher-on-Call and then teaching grades 5-7.  I came to teaching after my youngest child entered kindergarten, so I have experienced the education system from both sides.  I love my jobs, both as a parent and a teacher!  I feel fortunate to be able to work part-time this year so that I can balance both well.

I am also fortunate to be teaching subjects I have a great deal of passion for this year; I will be teaching the writing component of the Language Arts program, Fine Arts (focusing on visual art and dance), Social Studies, and Health and Career Education.  For more information on my writing program, please check out the link on my page about Writer's Workshop.

Nairn Falls near Pemberton

Kayaking off Mayne Island

I hope you all had a restful summer.  July wasn't great, but August made up for it!!  And now here's to a terrific 2011-2012 school year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment